Skip to main content

    War MemorialsRegister

    • Home
    • Search Memorials
    • Search Names
    • Help
    Imperial War Museums LogoImperial War Museums home
    • About
      • About us
      • Submit a photograph
      • Volunteering
    • Legal
      • Accessibility Statement
      • Cookies
      • Copyright
      • Privacy
      • Terms of use

    © Imperial War Museums 2026

    Memorial

    Dalham - WW1

    Source: Copyright John Bastock

    1/2

    Current Location

    St Marys Church, Church Ln, Dalham, Forest Heath, Suffolk, CB8 8TE, England

    OS Grid Reference

    TL 72436 62550

    Denomination

    Church of England

    View location on Google Maps

    Names listed on this memorial

    Contribute to the War Memorials Register

    Send us details and photographs of your local war memorials, to help enhance the information about the people, places and events they commemorate.

    Contribute now

    This record shows everything IWM currently knows about this memorial. We are continually updating our records.

    © WMR-4528

    To share information or photographs, contact us.

    Type of Memorial
    Board / Plaque / Tablet
    WMR Reference Number
    4528
    Description
    The inscription is inside an ogee-headed arch; blind arcading above Gothic shafts at side. A cross rises out of the central shaft.
    Inscription
    TO THE GLORY OF GOD AND IN HONOUR OF THE MEN OF THIS PARISH WHO FELL IN THE GREAT WAR (Names) 1914 THEIR NAME LIVETH FOR EVERMORE 1919.
    War
    First World War (1914-1918)
    Number Commemorated
    10
    Died
    10
    Information shown
    surname,regiment,forename,occupation
    Maker(s)
    • MESSRS UNDERWOOD & SON, Builder

    • MR RIGBY, Architect

    Ceremonies

    Dedicated

    6 June 1920

    Bishop of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich

    Unveiled

    6 June 1920

    Mrs Rhodes of Dalham Hall (Rectors Warden)

    Custodian
    PCC

    Components

    Plaque

    Height: 1550

    Width: 1100


    Made from: Stone - Bath


    Condition: Good


    • Bury and Norwich Post, 11 June 1920, Account of unveiling.